The details of the ongoing schemes run by the Ministry are as under:-
- Centenaries and Anniversaries Scheme.
- Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana.
- Development of Museum
- Development of Libraries & Archives.
- Global Engagement and International Co-operation.
- National Mission on Manuscripts.
Objectives of all the Umbrella schemes run by the Ministry are as under:-
(i) Centenaries and Anniversaries Scheme: To commemorate of centenary and special anniversaries such as 125th/150th/175th etc. of eminent personalities and events of historical importance to the country. The commemoration starts of completion of 100/125/150 etc. years and continue for a period of one year.
(ii) Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana: To promote and disseminate the art & culture of the country by providing financial support to drama, theatre groups, dance groups, music ensembles, folk theatre & music and other genres of performing art activities.
(iii) Development of Museum: To set up new Museums and to Strengthening & modernization of the existing museums by Central Government, State Governments, Societies, Autonomous bodies, Public Sector Undertakings, Local Bodies and Trusts registered under the Societies Act at the regional, state and district level.
- Digitization of art objects in the museums across the country for making their images/catalogues available over the website and ;
- Capacity Building of Museum professionals.
(iv) Development of Libraries & Archives: National Mission on Libraries (NML) has an objective of establishing a National Virtual Library of India, establishment of Model Libraries, quantitative/ qualitative survey of Libraries and capacity building. All National, State and district level libraries are to be developed as model libraries, with emphasis on developing these libraries in economically backward districts. Further, district libraries across the states would be provided network connectivity.
- To sustained development of libraries & information services in pursuance of National Knowledge Commission’s recommendations. These objectives intend to cover promotion of Information Communication Technology (ICT) application in all Libraries Modernize Library Management, a National Survey of Libraries & Citizens and improvement of competence of library professional through training.
(v) Global Engagement and International Co-operation:
- Promote Indian Cultural abroad
- Strengthen bonds of foreign countries with India.
- Promote bilateral cultural contacts
- Project India’s cultural image abroad; and
- Promote inbound tourism.
(vi) National Mission on Manuscripts:
- To locate manuscripts through national level Survey and Post-Survey.
- Document each and every manuscript and manuscript repository, for a National Electronic Database that currently contains information on four million manuscripts making this the largest database on Indian manuscripts in the world.
- Conserve manuscripts incorporating both modern and indigenous methods of conservation and training a new generation of manuscript conservators.
- To train the next generation of scholars in various aspects of Manuscript Studies like languages, scripts and critical editing and cataloguing of texts and conservation of manuscripts.
- To promote access to manuscripts by digitizing the rarest and most endangered manuscripts.
- To promote access to manuscripts through publication of critical editions of unpublished manuscripts and catalogues.
- To facilitate public’s engagement with manuscripts through lectures, seminars, publications and other outreach programmes.
This information was given by Minister for Culture, tourism and development of north eastern region Shri G.Kishan Reddy in Lok Sabha today.