Chennai – Mysore- Chennai Shatabdi Express becomes the first Integrated Management Systems (IMS) certified train of Southern Railway, first Shatabdi of Indian Railways and second mail/express train on Indian Railways. A feather in the cap of Southern Railway, Chennai – Mysore – Chennai Shatabdi Express has received Integrated Management Systems Certification.
Train No. 12007/12008, Dr MGR Chennai Central – Mysore Jn – Dr MGR Chennai Central Shatabdi Express service is the first ever train service of Southern Railway to bag IMS Certification with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018 Certifications. The primary maintenance of the train is handled by Basin Bridge Coaching Depot of Chennai Division. This certification has been granted by the certification agency after comprehensive audit and duly verifying adherence by Railways to all laid down norms.
The pair of Shatabdi service between Chennai-Mysore-Chennai was run as Train No.12007/12008 in the pre-COVID times and presently run as Special service with Train No.06081/06082 (except Wednesdays).
Significant milestones achieved by Chennai-Mysore-Chennai Shatabdi Express :
• Chennai – Mysore – Chennai Shatabdi Express train was introduced on 11th May 1994.
• The service is the first ISO 9001:2001 certified train in Southern Railway (obtained in 19th June 2007)
• The train was inducted with state-of-the-art LHB coaches on 1st July 2009
• Running on HOG thereby reducing pollution and prevention of resource depletion (Diesel)
• Maintaining 100% passenger amenities in working condition, 100% HOG and 100 % Bio digester toilet operations and 100% functional sub-pantry equipment
• Quality air conditioning, lighting and other electrical amenities. Special features
• On board house keeping facility (5-Stage cleaning)
• Energy conservation through LED lights and electrical fittings
• Braille signage seat indication number
• Pre-loaded Wi-fi Infotainment System
• Automatic sliding door closer for passenger coupe in Executive coach
• Reflective coach indication and toilet Toilet Occupancy Indication
• Aesthetic vinyl wrapping for coach interiors
• Automatic air fresheners for passenger coupes and toilets
• Comfortable seats with high quality upholstery
• All the coaches are provided with fire extinguishers with fire suppression system fitted in power cars
• Unified information sticker in all coaches with emergency contact numbers for the benefit of passengers.
Shri John Thomas, General Manager, Southern Railway inspected the train service and felicitated the team of Officers and Staff of Basin Bridge Depot whose concerted efforts bagged the IMS Certification for the premier train. General Manager presented the IMS Certification to Coach Depot Officer/Basin Bridge. He mentioned that the service is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities ensuring safe and comfortable travel for passengers.